And before you know it, the last Saturday of summer has just gone by. My usual Saturday routine is as follows: Two yoga classes in the morning, a big brunch, and some mindless shopping/wandering around downtown. This routine was neglected for the past couple weeks, and so jumping back into it today felt extra good!
On typical Saturdays, you would catch me dressed down in comfortable attire. Today my casual look incorporated the current two biggest trends: black & white and sporty chic. I really enjoyed wearing this new mesh tee of mine. It’s so easy breezy!
To finish off this post, I have some good news to share. My previous post on shopping tips was selected for IFB’s Links a la Mode! This list is a roundup of some exceptional fashion blog posts that were published this week. I’m so honored to be chosen! Below are the rest of the chosen posts; they’re great, check them out for some great inspirations!
Superficial on the Surface
Sometimes I get mad when people assume if you like fashion, you’re automatically dumb or superficial. Then at the same time, I love looking at pretty pictures and dressing up… it’s an escape and a passion all at the same time. Obsessing over fashion doesn’t mean however, there’s nothing going on in our brains! This week, we have a great mix of the tougher questions in fashion right along with the tips and tricks that enable our superficial exterior (that’s not so superficial…. or is it?)
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup
- Attire Club: Criticism And Attacks On Fashion
- Corals and Cognacs: A Blogger’s Guide to Prepping for Fashion Week
- DIY Doyenne: Forget Numbers, Build Engagement
- Fashion is Evolution: 5 Fantastic Photography Books for the Creative Beginner
- Frantic But Fabulous: How to take care of your lingerie (so it lasts longer)
- Healthy Fashionista: The Fashionista’s Guide To Foraging
- Inspirations and Celebrations: 2013 VMA Best Fashion – Top 5 Celebrity Looks
- Jessydust: 2013 Trend: The Baseball Cap
- Lara Lizard: So we are superficial!
- Nicole Kelly: How to recreate an outfit
- Noveltie: Perspective: Current State of Fashion Bloggers
- Mr. Walk & Talk: My Top 10 Tips for Smarter Shopping
- Runway to Style: The Fall 2013 Designer Collaborations Worth Knowing
- Savage Gem: Honest by ‘Transparency’
- The In Club: Religion and Fashion- Friends?
- The Neon Blonde: 18 Fashion Tips I Wish I Had Known Before I Was 18
- The Style Enigma: The LBD In The Workplace Dos and Don’ts
- The Well Appointed Catwalk: Armani Diapers and Other Designer Crossovers
- We Are Ready Made: Conformity is the Language of Corruption
- Who’s Aalo? DIY: Shooting “White Polar Night” OOTD