Although Sunday is a weekend, it’s never been a day for me to dress down. Growing up when I lived with my folks, I couldn’t look too shabby on Sundays because it was the day for church followed by dim sum with family friends. After I moved to Vancouver, I was introduced to having Sunday brunches downtown where I’m also inclined to dress presentably. This look I’m wearing here was put together for a brunch on Granville Island. This orange sweater, polo collar, and dark denim are my idea of weekend smart casual.
In my opinion, Vancouver is the best in the world for food. We have fresh ingredients, unique venues, and a multitude of different cuisines. For those of you in Vancouver or are planning to visit, here’s a short list of my favourite brunch spots in town (in no particular order):
- Edible Canada, Granville Island – delicious Canadian cuisine and fantastic patio seating, perfect on a sunny day.
- Fable Kitchen, Kitsilano – the freshest ingredients are used in their ‘farm to table’ menu. Their bacon is a must-try!
- La Brasserie, West End – cozy French bistro with amazing comfort food. Their suckling pig brunch is my go-to.
- Cafe Zen, Kitsilano – basic homestyle restaurant that serves the absolute best Eggs Benedicts. Arrive early to avoid long lineups!
- Lido Restaurant, Richmond – it’s exactly like the traditional cafes in Hong Kong. The crowds can get hectic at times, but their congee and Pineapple buns always hit the spot for me.